We would go crazy if we tried to participate in every booze-based holiday so we select a few favorites to celebrate each year. This year we swapped National Body Shot Day for something more refreshing - National Mojito Day. Our lack of rum doesn’t stop us from participating. It might not be traditional, but a Mojito made with our Øvrevann Aquavit is quite delicious.
See for yourself!
Origins Unknown - an Aquavit "Mojito"
- 2 ounces Øvrevann Aquavit
- 12 mint leaves (plus 1 for garnish)
- 1/2 lime (cut into four wedges)
- 2 teaspoons fine sugar
- 1/2 ounce soda water
1. Start with a highball or collins glass.
2. Add sugar and lime wedges to your glass. Muddle.
3. Put mint leaves into one hand and clap.
4. Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop into lime juice.
5. Fill your glass with crushed ice
6. Add Aquavit and stir gently until sugar dissolves.
7. Add a splash of soda water.
8. Top with crushed ice, a spring of mint, and any other garnishes that tickle your fancy. We went with edible flowers and extra lime.